Are you working on a medical centre or healthcare project where you need to maximise every inch available?
In this blog we share 3 ways to use cavity sliders in a medical centre fit out, that will help save space without sacrificing functionality or good design.
There’s a reason our Cavity Door Sliders have become the flagship sliding solution here at Bris Aluminium… they are highly practical and work brilliantly within any number of environments – and as you’ll see below – are worth their weight in gold when applied in the health sector.
You’ll also find more specs about our cavity sliders, if you scroll down below.
Space Saving Ideas for Medical Fit Outs
Here’s three ideas on how you can use Bris Aluminium’s signature Cavity Door Frame kit for your next medical centre project.
1. Replace consultation room swinging doors with cavity sliders.
It might sound obvious, but this is a great place to start if you’re looking to make the most of your floorplan.
Using a cavity slider can be a gamechanger when space is a premium, or you simply wish to increase the functionality of a consult room.
Given that these rooms typically contain bulky items such as dental chairs or examination beds in addition to a full desk or computer set up, chairs, sinks or other scanning or medical equipment – making the space work with a hinged door can be a nightmare!
2. Create a private examination corner/room using two cavity sliders together.
By installing two cavity sliders which meet at a right angle, healthcare practitioners can offer patients a private room within the consultation space – without the need for solid internal walls.
As you’ll see in the example below, the client was able to house an examination bed and separate sink in the space. The cavity sliders meant the room was a lot more versatile and didn’t feel as cramped.
3. Convert smaller, more awkward spaces into a walk-in medicine cabinet.
Turn any challenging or awkward spaces into a practical walk-in medicine cabinet for doctors, nurses, dentists; or create a dedicated storage cupboard for equipment, supplies or retail items for allied health practitioners.
With no bulky hinge door to impede the entranceway, even those tight spaces can be converted to a practical cabinet or cupboard.
Cavity Door Slider Features
Here’s what you need to know about our impressive cavity door sliders:
- Standard 1m wide carcass, or custom sizing which can accommodate up to 1500mm wide doors
- Door options:
- Fits 35mm aluminium door, or
- 35mm and 40mm timber door
- Glazed window
- Purpose built for steel stud sizes 64mm, 76mm or 92mm – with 13mm plasterboard
- Villaboard compatible with our 13mm to 6.5mm adaptor (64mm, 76mm or 92mm Supreme Systems)
- Modern, minimalist design
- Swiss engineered and built rollers rated to 100kg for a smooth glide
- Easy to install and service
- Short lead times on kit/product supply
Cavity Door Sliders for Medical Fit Outs
If you’d like to find out more about Bris Aluminium’s cavity door sliders – including off the shelf kits ready for easy installation click here.