If you’re designing or constructing an aged care or assisted living facility, keep reading to learn how Bris Aluminium and our premium products can help with your aged care fitouts.
Bris Aluminium’s partitioning, door and window frames are regularly sought after for medical centre fit outs because of their versatility, high functionality, sleek and modern appearance.
Our framing and partitioning solutions are perfect for aged care environments for several reasons:
- Bris Aluminum’s range is ISO-9001 certified, and
- They meet all Australian standards including disability access requirements.
In this blog we outline which specific products we’d recommend in an aged care facility development and share some photos of a recent project we completed in the Brisbane suburb of Carindale.
Aged Care Building Standards
When it comes to drawing up designs for aged care facilities and building them, there are a few building considerations and accessibility requirements to keep in mind.
According to the Design Guidelines for Queensland Residential Aged Care Facilities:
- Internal partitioning should be made from lightweight materials (like aluminium) to ensure it can be removed easily in the future.
Bris Aluminium’s partitioning systems offer complete demountability, so they can be easily taken out and all components can be reused at a later date.
- The design has to allow for easy manoeuvering of residents, including those in wheelchairs and others using walking aids. It must also allow space for staff to be able to help them with daily activities and living.
Bris Aluminium’s systems and door frames are designed to meet requirements for people with disabilities and ensure the thoroughfare is clear for continuous accessibility.
In Australia, the clear opening of a doorway must be at least 850mm.
Learn more in our blog here.
- There also must be a logical progression between different use spaces, which should be emphasised by design features including colour, finish and decorative trims etc.
This could include our premium aluminium skirting for walkways around your centre. These are also available in powder-coated satin black.
Recommended Bris Aluminium Products for Aged Care Fitouts
Bedrooms and Dividing Walls – Cavity Sliders
- Carcasses are 1m wide as standard, but can accommodate up to 1500mm wide doors
- Fits timber doors which are 35mm and 40mm
- Fits aluminium door which is 35mm
- Technical drawings available online
- Kits are easy to install, plus we provide instructional videos
Read more about our cavity sliders here.
Bathrooms – Adjustable door frames
- Suits 35mm doors
- Door frame kits come with hinges and screws
- Instructions provided with all kits
- Come in mill finish, powder coated or anodised finish
Walkways – Skirting
- Come in a range of cover widths from 50mm to 150mm
- Easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing with screw concealed fix
- Now stocked in satin black colour
Learn more about our aluminium skirting here.
Meals area – External Sliders
- Suitable for 45mm doors
- Rollers specified for 200kg doors
- Kits include pelmet, rollers, capping, stopper, sliding track and clip.
View more here.
Aged Care Fitouts
Need sturdy and affordable aluminum partitions, door frames and windows for your aged care facility fit out?
Don’t delay – reach out to Bris Aluminium today!
Bris Aluminium is a locally owned and operated company which supplies Australia’s best aluminium partitions, door frames and windows. You can easily shop our product range online.
Our high-quality products are affordable, great value for money and customisable. We can help with superior office fit outs for a variety of businesses and can assist with a range of residential space saving solutions as well. To make things easier, detailed design drawings are also available online for every product we stock.
Bris Aluminium’s quality assured certified products have a high level of adaptability and meet Australian standards including access requirements relating to disabilities.